PRISONER OF HOPE

Thursday 8 March 2012

I saw a woman in pink today, dark hair with the bangs (just how we like it), she was a real beauty!The kind we would marvel at. She was facing her friend with tissue in her hands wiping at something on her face...I thought to myself, "it's probably sweat she's wiping off" but she didn't stop wiping her face. She was crying! (When she blew her nose, it gave her away) So I was distracted, I was looking at her instead of paying attention to "the process of going to the tribunal." What could have put tears in such a beautiful girl's eyes? What made her sit in a corner with her friend over a side of chips and "main course" of tears? Had I known her personally, I would have wanted to weep with her just because I can.

For the past few weeks, I have been quite bi-polar. One day I wake up and I am high on happiness, going steady and BOOM I am low as a Corolla car filled with ten people. How can we be so old and still have no clue how to control and balance our emotional tide? I mean, they are our emotions, right? It's not like we have borrowed them from someone else for them to be foreign and unmanageable! I find myself in a state of frequent dilemma, What should I eat? What should I wear? What should I say, and how do I say it?, Who should I please today? Who should I love? Who should I let go of? How should I study? What should I study? LPC? No no no maybe Postgraduate? Oh wait how about LDC? Should I workout today or not? Oh my life, my head is in constant spin mode. 
So do I cry? Do I refuse to wake up? No...I wake up and go...You have to go because life isn't going to stop for you to get it together. You have to wake up and go. I would love the option of having an empty bucket to cry into till it filled up, watch one of my favourite movies (Bridget Jones Diary) and assure myself that her life was a pile of mud and constant rain! And when all that is done, to enter my bed, put my head on my pink pillow and sleep, sleep till kingdom come.

But, we do not sit and cry instead we walk and cry because slowing down is not an option, We most definitely do not remain in our cosy, warm beds because greatness is not found in our mattresses and we ATTACK and CONQUER! Man or Woman you have to live, we must live, I have to live.
When you're sad and low, remember to be a prisoner of hope...that someday, one day, everything will be better. It is only temporarily dark and bright days are just a day a way. Everyone goes through hard times in life, everyone! And yet somehow we still come out on top because we have this will power in us to survive through "hurricanes".
We just have to live through today, that's all we have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment