Book Overload

Sunday 11 March 2012



I love to read interesting books. I find more life in books than life in my life. So when I go to a bookstore I don't like to leave empty handed. In fact, I have these amazing excuses that seem to work perfectly..."hmm...that's a nice book, I know who would like it...*inserts friend's name*" just like that,I buy it and that friend need not know about it. When I read a good book, I want everyone around me to read it, I like to believe I have very good taste in books (and music but that's for another day). 
Am not exactly selfish with my books, I enjoy sharing them but make no mistake, one dog ear on it's return and I will be back at the store getting a newer copy of the same book!
I have all these books sitting on my bedside table, and if they could talk, I am sure they would have insults lined up for me. Why buy them if am going to take only years to read them? Not reading them immediately doesn't stop me from getting more.
So it's almost time to go home, and I look at the pile of books my friends and I have accumulated over such a short period of time and my biggest worry is "I need to find a way to get my books home before I pack my phone charger". 
Books take me to a different place, they get me high up in the skies.
If you love to read, share your list of favourite books with me and maybe we can start our own little book club.

3 comments:

  1. Mark Twain - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
    Mark Twain - Tom Sawyer
    Michelle Magorian - Goodnight Mr Tom
    Harper Lee - to Kill a Mockingbird
    Kathryn Stockett - The Help
    Francine Rivers - Mark of the Lion Series, Redeeming Love,Atonement Child
    Ron Hall and Denver Moore - same Kind of Different as me
    Karen Kingsbury - redemption Series, 9/11 Series
    Lawrence Hill - The Book of Negroes
    Danielle Steel - Kaleidoscope (in fact most of her books!)
    Dan Brown - Digital Fortress
    Malorie Blackman - Noughts and Crosses Series
    ETC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KT...you seem to have lots of books, do you lend out?and if yes, can i borrow?
      Out of curiosity is KT Katy Perry? but you're trying to remain anon? If yes, then I really like that song of yours with Kanye. "the help" was my favourite book last year..it was such a breath of fresh air. Thank you again KT.

      Delete
  2. Who moved my cheese- Spencer Johnson
    The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
    Think On These Things - David J. Stewart
    Wake up Live the life you Love- Steve E. Schmitt
    Are You There God, It's Me Margaret' - Judy Blume
    among others...lol

    ReplyDelete