MY OLDIES PLAYLIST

Monday 19 March 2012


Thought I'd start with something current before I dig up some oldies goldies..."Gorge" told me about Lana Del rey (who by the way has a very interesting face). I quickly listened to her music and I haven't stopped listening to "Born to die" if you've got some time to spare listen to her songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g&ob=av2e
Now to my Oldies playlist
Kool and The gang's "celebration" and "get down on it" never fail to get me on my feet.
Madonna - Cherish...I want her body at 50 years. I think Madonna's one of the most talented people ever but her love for her potential "grandsons" is disturbing. 
Ralph Tresvant's hair cut in the video of "Sensitivity" can replace the many purposes of a knife in the kitchen. It's too sharp! 
Tamia the love of my life, every time I listen to "who do you tell" I just want to melt, she's got a milky-wave voice. I think she's so underrated!
Shola Ama sang one of my favourite all time songs "who's loving my baby". It reminds me of my mother and I when I was little and taking sunday trips to the beach. You gotta love the 90s.
My two favourite metal classics;
Ready for the world's "love you down" will literally make anyone blush...my goodness those instrumentals are too good. Now if you like greasy hair and have the sudden urge for "soul glow" as in "Coming to America" then this is the song for you.
New Edition...now this song "Can you stand the rain" I give 5 stars. The pants and hair blinded me because they have no place in 2012 but the harmony in this song is beautiful!
Michael Jackson, what's a playlist without the man with the golden glove? PYT...don't make me say it twice...PYT is the song, I literally do the moonwalk and snake all at once. If this song plays and you're next to me, stand so far away from me for death lurks around.
Eugene Wilde's "gotta get you home tonight" hmm...I don't know where to start and end with this song. But if you know it and love it, am sure we share the same sentiments.
Gregory Abbott - "shake you down"...that little scream or shrill he makes at the beginning?cannot miss it...He is not a shy man...he made that perfectly clear.

I could go on all day about the oldies, I feel like we aren't given value these days, too much plastic around (That's my opinion). But with music like this, I never have to sit through mediocre music.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment