VALENTINES DAY

Friday 10 February 2012

TAKE ONE...
Valentine's day?WHAT??? If it's not a public holiday then I don't want to know! I personally think it's the most useless day that forced itself on the calendar. It's an excuse for card industries who made losses in the previous business year to make it rain red! 
manager: hmm...our "you're leaving?may the chicken of happiness and the sausage of prosperity follow you wherever you go" cards did not bring in the profits last year.SOLUTIONS PEOPLE?
Person x: *light bulb* I know, let's make extra valentines day cards to make up for that!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Who died and made you santa claus? I don't know but I think St. Valentine (bless his soul) was "attention seeking". To entertain myself, I imagine St. Valentine as the most intelligent martyr. He has shares in gyms (for those who will indulge in pity chocolate fest prior to February 14th), shares in chocolate industries (for all of us chocolate lovers), jewellery shops (diamonds are a girl's best friend) the list is inexhaustible. Smart man if you ask me!


Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in all things love. I am a sucker for happy endings but what's a "love day" if it's going to throw people over the bridge? A day that reminds people of their insignificance? A day that could end a perfectly good relationship because one did not take into account the other partner's sensitive nature? What good can come out of a day like this? aren't we supposed to celebrate love everyday? Do we all not deserve to be lavished with beautiful words everyday? Should there be a day that reminds lovers of their duties and obligations? 
Last week I found myself in a store and I was so embarrassed to even glimpse at that section..."pweez be my valentine". First of all, baby talk is a NO NO... secondly, PWEEZ? What are you? A foetus? ...I was just ashamed really...I bought a card for my best friend and as I was paying for it, I felt like I had sold my dignity to the cashier. 

TAKE TWO...
Valentine's day? I love valentines day. Lovers remember to show appreciation to each other, exchange gifts...it's like christmas in February and you can look forward to November babies. It's all cheesy and people have a valid excuse to sing silly love songs and look a bit rosier than usual. 


We should love everyday, hold hands everyday, smile everyday and say "I love you" everyday.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LOVERS!
I recommend "The Note book" for this day.



1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHHA take one has sent me to the floor.... I recommend "The notebook" and "The vow" ..... I wish i could post a picture in this comment but i'll just send it to your whatsapp it came to mind while i was reading take one...

    ReplyDelete