HELLO SWEET NOVEMBER

Thursday 1 November 2012


I love November due to personal interests that I have invested in this particular month.  Last night I was in a high state of excitement, I could barely sleep. This morning I got to work extra early as I had  made it a competition between me and the rest of the unknowing staff and I undisputedly came in first place! 

Taking pleasure in my victories, I sat in my car humming to a song. I really had done me proud! Of course it did not come as shock to my system when I locked myself, my breakfast and my bag inside my car. I mean this is something that happens to "overachievers" every other day! For a moment I almost rubbed 1st November off the calendar for interfering with my moment of glory. Nevertheless, I love you November because;

1. It is THANKSGIVING month!!! This is not a celebrated holiday in Uganda and I don't mean to go all American on anyone BUT my family officially adopted this holiday a few years back and I am very much excited to organise it this year. Turkey will not make it on anyone's menu because we are going to keep it Ugandan with chicken, besides I have never liked the idea of eating big birds!

2.  My birthday - I am a lover of all things best, I want the sparkly cards and the wrapped gifts,just thinking about it gives me butterflies and goosebumps. I have mentally thrown extravagant balls in my honour on this particular day and given out free pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes to the lady guests and premier league football tickets to the male guests. *LAUGHS OUT LOUD* A girl can dream. This year, I am throwing a modest ball, one that I can afford. I am going to spend that day with my mother...

3. Mother dearest's birthday - She's not big on surprises so I'll have to wine and dine her and unfortunately she is going to pay. I really should get a job that pays me Ashton Kutcher figures. (Anyone know of any job in Hollywood?)

4. Some of my favourite people were born in this month, and I take immense pleasure in celebrating with them. It's like a party month really...everyone is happy and eating cake, what more can we ask for???

5. I have a very good feeling about November this year. I am ready to roll :-)


I dedicate this month to my mother, the most hard working, sincere woman I know who has shared her wisdom with me over the years. I do not know what we would do without each other. We have been best friends for 22 years now and shared the best of each other. I know not much in this life but with ALL my being I know having her with me is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I love you mother.

Happy November month beautiful people.xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment