'No legacy is so rich as honesty'

Monday 12 November 2012



I occasionally tell blatant lies because I except the receiver of these untruths to know that am only kidding. Things have a way of accumulating! The other day I was asked a question by someone so dear to me. It was such a simple question that I could have answered honestly but instead I let a lie slip out of my mouth. I was almost unaware of what was coming out of my mouth until it was ALL out. I had planned to stick to my story but I couldn't because I felt so ugly inside and for that moment I didn't like me at all for being so cruel. So I told the truth immediately, it was so embarrassing as I like to think that I am a very honest being. I had a very legit reason for telling that big lie because it was going to save a good relationship. Telling a lie was the quickest solution to solving the dilemma but it made the other party feel unworthy of the truth. 
I made an immediate decision to stop telling small unnecessary lies as they are bound to turn into streets and skyscrapers which may suddenly come tumbling down on my being. I am glad I embraced the truth and I intend to continue on that good old path to honesty. 


Some people will not tolerate such emotional honesty in communication.  They would rather defend their dishonesty on the grounds that it might hurt others.  Therefore, having rationalised their phoniness into nobility, they settle for superficial relationships.  ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i needed to read it. Honesty is really hard especially when its not what you imagine the other person wants to hear but its always key to remember that it is what they NEED to hear. I am right behind you on this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Inky-ness...honesty never hurt anyone really...I THINK

    ReplyDelete