Morning Sunshine

Friday 30 October 2015

7 something am sunrise

‘Holy is the Lord revealed before my eyes
And my burdened heart can scarcely take it in
As I behold your beauty with unworthy eyes
The only song my soul can find to sing
Is Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah my King’

Woke up extremely early this morning, and by extremely early I mean 6:04am! WOAH! I had prayed the day before for God to take away the unfathomable love I have for sleep and I asked Him to wake me up early so that I can squeeze in some gym time. I haven’t seen the gym in a month or so and I desperately needed to get my mind more active.

We all know 5 seconds of a work out are bound to get us speaking like Gandhi. So here’s my Gandhi.

What a year! Heh? I sat on the bench watching the sun rise and thought of a lot of things. The things I prayed for and actually got to see them happen like Candy in NYC. Isn’t it just like God to pay attention to the smallest of details? If it matters to us it matters to him.

Last year or early this year (trust my mind), I told someone that in the morning I pray to God to help me choose my outfit. She asked me ‘why bother God when there are bigger things to ask Him for?’ I didn’t know how to explain it to her. For me, it’s as simple as God is my friend. I let Him in my closet as much as I let Him in my tears. He is constant with me. I have mind convos with Him. He hears my loud prayers as much as my silent prayers. I am far from perfect hence why I’m so needy for God. If He doesn’t help me choose my #ootd, I might just walk out in a bikini yo, in the middle of the coldest day. I kid you not.

There are so many things I am praying for, impossible in the natural. Sometimes I ask myself why I even try for those things but if there’s something I’ve learnt from the few bible chapters I have read is this; God can’t wait to show off in the lives of those walking in faith. Will you choose to walk blindly in faith and trust Him that in His perfect timing EVERYTHING will work out? Will you choose to see beyond the hopelessness in the present? Will you love others, be generous, and be faithful in the little even when you don’t see any reason to keep going?
I pray we will because I want to live a life that gets people to question, how? Why? And those questions would only have one answer…only Jesus.

November I’m ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment