50 random facts about me

Friday 14 August 2015



1. I love to sleep, so much that I plan my social life around my bed time.

2. I like to be carried on the back. I guess I wasn't carried enough as a child or I was carried a lot. It could go either way. 

3. When I have children I'd like them to have my name as their middle name and the father's as last name like 'Jolie-Pitt' but like 'karungi-*insert husband's name'. 

4. When am angry in a text convo I use French to end that convo... Oui et d'accord on those rare occasions I suggest to stay away. Ps. In my head I'm French. Also in my head a lot of things are right.

5. Ice cream any day... My Candy and I would go to the gym and then immediately go to costcutter for ice cream. Thank you Haley for trying with us. 

6. Fave colour red, but I like black, and white and grey.

7. When am asked how many children I want, I say 9. I don't know if am kidding or not.

8. I love bread! I love bread so much. Sometimes I go to restaurants just to eat their bread. I love bread.

9. I love New York, I don't care how dirty it is, I don't care how cattle crowded the subway is at 5pm-7pm (I care a bit), I love New York.

10. I love French, the language, the clothes, the people. I just want to bathe in French and come out speaking mademoiselle Chanel seulement! 

11. I eat more rice and chicken than the average person. F'real I eat rice and chicken A LOT!

12. I have two cook books 'can't cook cookbook' and 'how to boil water' (cooking is something I've recently taken on because I don't want my children to eat at the neighbours')

13. I don't like tight clothes... They are uncomfortable.

14. Tshirts any day, all day, any way.

15. I'm mostly absent minded.

16. Forgetful is my middle name. I think if it's not dealt with right now I am highly likely to forget my baby in the delivery room. I kid you not! (let's start to rebuke that!) 

17. Tea Tea Tea... A world without tea is a world I would not want to live in. The bigger the mug the better, with the exception of small cutesy cups of course.

18. I like going to bookstores, there's something about a building filled with books top to bottom.

19. I like pretty stationery... Kate spade has harvested my monies! Her line is just so pretty, glitter, flowers. Can you tell am a tomboy?

20. Amir in the kite runner made me so angry, I had to stop reading the book for 2-3 days to get my emotions straight.

21. Although darcy is the man of my dreams (and I think he should stay there... Dreams) David is the man of my heart. That's the kind of person I'd want to grow old with and father my children and he better have the dance moves too.

22. Am convinced I sound like Mariah Carey when I sing.

23. I have the most eclectic group of friends... I cover all age groups. My oldest friend is 80 years plus and my youngest friend is 7 years. 

24. I sleep in the same bed space the entire night, the other side remains mostly untouched.

25. I don't like to confront. I will avoid it all costs. It's just too uncomfortable, I'd rather eat cheese.

26. I hate cheese.

27. If I like you, I automatically shorten your name. If you're already called 'A' I will call you /- 

28. My parents tell me they love me everyday.

29. I get a lot of free things which is great because I really like free things.

30. I watch telenovelas and I like them. I am still watching 'rebelde way'. Also Mia in rebelde way is Micheal Bublé's wife. Now you know.

31. I like short clothes, I am already short so I don't want to get lost in long clothes! It's hard out on these height streets.

32. I want to go to Senegal. 

33. I want to go to Monaco. 

34. Grasshoppers are the next best thing after sleep and ice cream.

35. I travel with my bible... Literal life. I panic without it. I might not even open it but it has to be there.

36. I dance in shops, as long as music is playing my legs will move. I'm mostly embarrassing.

37. I slapped a girl in primary 4 and my hand made a hand-stamp on her face. I also bit a girl's skin off in primary 5. I have since dealt with my anger issues as it was very unbecoming.

38. I like peculiar people.

39. I think friends is the best show on TV and there will be none like it ever! (In my books anyway)

40. I don't know how to tell funny stories but that's not stopped me.

41. I don't know how to ride a bicycle. Mostly afraid of falling. Am too old for scars. 

42. I like gifts, forget 'it's the thought that counts' no 'it's the gift that counts'.

43. I am a feminist. If I were to describe what kind of feminist I am, (as we have types) mine is between Jane Austen and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

44. Chances are the first time you meet me, my hair will be in 'Maria' also known as pulled back in a pony tail. I am very lazy with hair and not creative at all.

45. I've accidentally hit a boda boda man. Before you get dramatic. He is very much alive. While I was still in shock, a gentleman asked the crowd not to overwhelm me as I was a young girl and clearly afraid, and he volunteered to drive me home but I wasn't that traumatised and therefore declined his generous offer. 

46. When I meet people who are trying to sell something to me in NYC, I speak in rutooro. Don't judge me, sometimes one has to do what one needs to do.

47. I will be going to the golden globes in January 2016. I'm still letting that sink in.

48. I am convinced that Meryl Streep is my godmother. 

49. I am convinced that Morgan Freeman is my godfather.

50. In our home, I have 'my spot' everyone knows that I've marked that territory. I am such a Sheldon.

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool, the rutooro thing killed me, I pull that stunt when I'm out of ug. Also jealousing you over the golden globes. But I will attend through you. Have fun darling

    ReplyDelete