CRUSH - SITUATION

Tuesday 6 January 2015


Hmm…when I think about having a crush on someone I get nauseous.  It has got to be one of the most uncomfortable feelings ever. I have convinced myself that I am above crushes, I am immune to them, and they are beneath me. While we are at it, it is not my portion. Yes, I have believed my own lies and they have become my truth.

You know when you like someone and you just betray your entire self? Things just go from 0-100 real quick. Your throat gets dry and your voice gets pitchy, palms sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, and when your crush calls your phone, you run to brush your teeth. Like it’s total mayhem. What kind of ridiculousness is that?

Ever experienced a false crush? (A false crush is thinking you like a person but it is the idea you like.) I have had a few of those, and truth be told I would have preferred to lie down in fast moving traffic than feel the slightest of emotions. I know this sounds almost awful but it really isn’t that awful. I am sure so many of us would rather go fight in a war than admit to having certain feelings.

I once had a crush on someone who wasn’t Justin Timberlake. Like it was an actual human being (not that JT isn’t). But is he? I am convinced that Justin Timberlake is a dream we have all had and therefore those shared dreams have made him appear real.

I couldn’t tell my friends about ‘Mr not fairest of them all’ because it would sound odd saying, ‘oh I like him because I am attracted to his soul’. Like there was nothing on the outside of this person that screamed model material. Of course now that am older and I am off my high horse, the soul tramps the physical any day Monday to Sunday.

What I learnt from that crushituation is this, ‘I lacked humility and I had judged someone based on his appearance.’ I guess sometimes having a crush can teach you something more about yourself. Other than those little eye-openings, having crushes is an unnecessary burden in my world.

Having said all that, I am willing to help my crush bearers to overcome this mystique horror. 
Here are a few ways to conquer crushes
  •   Convince yourself that you’re above crushes (it works)
  •   Find a confidant and bear your soul to them aka admit that you have a crush
  • Accept the situation, it is no big deal unless you make it into one also don’t make it into a big deal
  • If your crush doesn’t feel the same way about you, do not take it personal. Also they are probably legally blind.
  • Do not be angry…you can’t force it
  • Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh at it, about it, on top of it…just laugh
  • Don’t dwell
  • It’s okay to act stupid…it is forgivable and it makes for a good story also.
  • Get a hobby or a pet, any distraction is good
  • Don’t be a psycho, be patient with yourself and give yourself time

2 comments:

  1. Lol! That pet's going to have to endure to whomever and whatever they talk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi...the description of the crushituation tho..lol
    My day has been made :-)

    ReplyDelete