Open Letter: My November

Friday 1 November 2013




October went by so fast, how did that happen? It’s like we somehow managed to skip autumn and dived right into winter. How was October for you? Mine was centered on midterms and the not so ideal Friday morning commute sessions, I’m telling you, one is bound to lose their salvation every Friday morning. This morning, it was pouring mad and apparently that’s when everybody finds it convenient to go to work. Like, where were they on the non-rainy Fridays??? (Please forgive my complaints, I am a descendant of Abraham and I am a work-in-progress)

In other “breaking” news, November is here! It is so my favourite month and yes, I am 100% biased and rightfully so. November is exceptional this year because *drum roll* I am going on a date with the love of my life. I honestly feel like such a loose goose some days but this man is phenomenal. The one and only Justin Timberlake (I EXPECT the reader to feel my excitement, but also to feel just the right amount of envy but ultimately to wish me well in my search for love)

You know what’s even more amazing; Justin’s concert coincides with my birthday. Get this, there’s no mortal who can convince me that Justin and I are not soul mates. People, what more evidence would you require? This concert could have been on any other day, but no, he chose mine, he chose me. I know what you’re thinking, and I beg to differ…I am not insane. I have giant butterflies from just the thought of breathing in and out the same air as him. All right, I’ll stop here lest his publicists fall on this post and deter me from enjoying first class entertainment.

The blackball is the next day after Justin’s concert. Seriously next week is going to be the best birthday week ever. I have been in so many stores looking for black dresses that can get the attention of Pharrell Williams. All I want (and like only a million more things) is to be BFFs with Pharrell. In my mind, we are such buddy buddies, and we have like the most chilled fun times. (Oh the life of a dreamer!) Any who, when pragmatic Evelyn stepped in (such a buzz kill that pragmatic me) she gave it to me cold and hard. “Look here missy, this day is NOT about you. You’re there to work and to make sure the guests have a great time supporting such a worthy cause. It’s not your time to shine and you must hide starrstruck away. And in case you missed that, it’s NOT about you”. So I finally found a simple dress yesterday, and I cannot wait to be part of something that’s bigger than me. I know I will be knackered by the end of next week but it will be well worth it.

*This very moment* Oh dear me, I feel the birth of a pimple, that treacherous thing better rethink its strategy because I will go down fighting. It shall not ruin next week for me (all my life I had to fight, a girl child ain’t safe with all these untimely pimples)

What to look forward to this November
Thanksgiving 28th November
The hunger games: Catching Fire 22nd November
And of course the many November babies’ social networks timeline invasion.

Happy Happy birthday month to all the Novemebies, and these amazing people Daphny, Duchess, Rachel, Pamellah, Elma, Joan, Mama, Julia, Devon, Nalin.

No comments:

Post a Comment