Unpredictable life

Thursday 20 June 2013



Michael Buble - Home
Taylor Swift ft Ed Sheeran - Everything has changed
*******************************************************************************
These past few weeks have been quite the unwelcome roller coaster ride! There's simply no predicting what each day or each week is going to be like. A few weeks back, I applied for an internship with United Nations Development Program and then I totally forgot about it. You know one of those things you apply for and you're like "really? what are the chances?"  Then there's this bold notice you can't miss reading after submitting the application. '...Do not contact us...only successful candidates will be contacted' (These jobs are very competitive, like some sort of olympics). 

I received the most unexpected email in my inbox last week. UNDP had contacted me...I had to proof read the email only 10 times, take it for a lab test to certify its authenticity, and after the extremely thorough checks, I proceeded to send it to my parents to verify its realness. I was asked to send in a few documents to secure my position. Now that it's all been done...waiting for a reply has been quite the hard test. 

It's been mildly overwhelming because I have had to make quick decisions regarding my impending trip home among other things that found it convenient to creep in and take a seat in my life. Don't you just dislike inconveniences? If UNDP doesn't get back to me...*crickets*. I will not be sad about it because I have been reminded that it's not my strength that got me to where I am, it's all God. If I don't get it, I will still be just as happy and celebrate the small step in. I will make as many applications to that institute until I get a restraining order...there's simply no giving up!

By the grace of God, I have managed to stay in good spirits. I guess I needed those long bath-soak hours (hadn't had those in months) To be honest, it's been a hard fight but when you set your mind to be joyful and keep it set regardless of the visible undesired situation...believe me, you will overcome all setbacks! 

Next week we are home...we come from a long line of heavy packers therefore I foresee sweat on the conveyer belt. I am looking forward to sofitel hotel, it's been a while since I stepped in a hotel...I might crawl on their floors, plus the idea of rolling around in the white sheets and jumping on that bed...*giggles* I will try to be as mature as possible. I am going to hug my mother...I think life just got better. 

Do not give up on your visions,or on yourselves...be determined to go after whatever your heart and mind is set on...do not let anyone talk you out of it. Let God help you get to where you want to be and Just do it...nike!

Recommendations
Instagram Videos (Really looking forward to seeing what people are going to post)
Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen Podcasts
Bible app (You can download that on your phones plus check out the plans too)
Joshua Radin music (been missing my candy girl lately) 
Guacamole
Ice cream and waffles
Naps...lots and lots of naps





1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! This particular article is well I should say amazing

    ReplyDelete