Open Letter 10/08/2012

Friday 10 August 2012



Now that am back home in Kampala, I find myself excessively busy. I was always on my phone but of late I forget that I have one and even when it rings, it sounds so alien. When I lay in my bed at 10:30 pm and feel my feet sore from all the standing and my throat dry from all the talking, I find this sweet pain very rewarding. I am not surviving...I am on top and it's surreal.

The downside to being back home is that I miss my friends immensely. I find myself talking about them in almost all my conversations and I am certain that one of these days I will have no audience but I am learning to adjust. (I am still wishing that they all lived in Uganda.) I don't get to have DMCs (Deep Meaningful Conversations) on the daily but am glad Research In Motion has made our lives a lot easier.

My heart is at peace, I have never felt this before. I am loving this season. I am loving meeting my old friends and laughing wildly like Bertha Mason (how I love Jane Eyre). I don't want this season to end. It's a good place to be.

Keep your heart at peace, free your mind, no envy, no hate, just sip your cocktail and live it breezy.

2 comments:

  1. don't count it as a downside...think of it as another step in life! The friends you miss, they're just miles away(at least)! Not light years!!! ;) Good thought though! (On another note) Welcome home!!!!!!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I have adjusted pretty well I think..;-) Have you considered blogging?lools

    ReplyDelete